Feb 17, 2012

Asparagus Cigars

Last Friday, Fusionbox had a pot luck lunch. I always end up making dessert so I thought I would make something healthy. Well... healthy-ish. They are called "Asparagus Cigars" and I remembered making them when I worked for a catering company years ago. So, I thought of attempting it!

See photos for easy recipe (written recipe below)

Ingredients:
Asparagus
Phillo Dough or Puff Pastry Dough
Parmesan Cheese
Rosemary  
How to:
1. Cut your asparagus in half and cut dough into rectangle pieces
2. Mix parm cheese and rosemary (add more herbs if you want it herby)
3. Place the asparagus on the dough, then a pinch of the cheese and herb mix on top and roll
4. Place on baking pan and bake for 20-30 min or until golden brown (it will take less time if it's Phillo dough)

I think James liked the cigars... look at him reaching for the pan!

3 comments:

  1. We love asparagus! We loved having you join us at "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." We hope you'll be back next week! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks yum! we are featuring this today! come grab the featured button if you fancy so. don't forget, votation starts today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Jillian! TSWL's finest of March Final round starts today, make sure to tell everyone you're one of the finalist so they can vote for you!

    ReplyDelete